20th JUNE 1961.
Afternoon Sale commencing at 2 o’clock.
SHEFFIELD PLATE & E.P.N.S.
176. Elkington plate cake dish with handle.
177. Cardinal muffin dish and cover.
178. Plated preserve stand and E.P.N.S. pierced bon bon dish, inscribed.
179. E.P.N.S. A1 plates asparagus dish, butter boat and servers.
182. Pewter cigarette box, inscribed.
183. Pair of Elkington cardinal plate sauce boats.
184. Plated Ronson table lighter, plated sugar sifter and an hotel plate milk jug.
186. Plated tea pot with strainer.
187. E.P.N.S. A1 quality oblong tray.
188. A similar tray, oval.
190. Plated miniature entrée dish and cover.
191. Heavily plated and dragoon edged entrée dish and cover.
192. 1 doz. E.P.N.S. A quality dessert forks.
193. 2 pair of nut cracks, and a pair of E.P. grape scissors.
194. 5 pieces sterling silver cutlery , 2 sterling silver memorial spoons, 2 plated ditto, plated tumbler, 2 condiments, 5 ash trays, memorial match box cover, 4 cut glass serviette rings, 2 pair of sugar tongs, 3 sugar sifting spoons, and a pair of knife rests.
195. 6 pairs of plated fruit knives and forks, set of carvers and steel, 2 bread knives, cake knife, steel and 26 pieces of miscellaneous plated cutlery.
196. Octagonal shaped E.P.N.S. shallow dish, inscribed.
197. Large E.P. cocktail shaker.
198. Plated table lighter, E.P. soup ladle, E.P. teaspoon, Australian wood ash tray, plated pipe smoker’s companion, cigarette holder, 7 various pens, 2 propelling pencils, and 2 stage rings.
199. 8 days travelling clock.
200. Dunhill table lighter clock (glass cracked).
201. 8 days travelling clock in leather case and calendar.
202. Plated presentation candle holder, inscribed.
203. 8 days mantel clock in plated case inscribed “Presented to George Formby, Esq., O.B.E. on the occasion of his switching on the 21st annual Blackpool Illuminations, 9th September, 1953”.
204. Shaving mirror on plated stand.
205. Plated glass turnover top bacon dish, 4 rams head supports with hoof feet.
206. Pair of chromium plated lion ring handled ice buckets.
207. Plated folding dual shell shaped dish.
208. Plated salver.
209. Plated ice bucket and pair of tongs.
210. Hotel plate tea pot, hot water jug and sugar basin on Sheffield plated shaped gallery tray.
211. Pair of pierced sterling silver bon bon dishes.
212. Sterling silver table lighter.
213. Silver sugar dredger.
214. A similar lot with blue glass liner.
215. Sterling silver cigarette box, inscribed “G.F.”.
216. Sterling silver cigarette box, larger, inscribed.
217. A similar cigarette box, larger with inscription.
218. Sterling silver 3 bottle pen and ink stand, inscribed, 20 ozs. excluding the bottles.
219. Pierced boat shaped sterling silver dish.
220. Sterling silver fruit dish, 15ozs.
221. Shallow circular pierced sterling silver fruit dish, 14ozs.
222. Sterling silver octagonal coffee pot and milk jug with ivory handles by Mappin & Webb.
223. Oblong 2 handed sterling silver tray, 46ozs.
224. Circular sterling silver card tray, 14ozs.
225. Sterling silver pierced and raised fruit stand (inscribed) 26ozs.
226. Square shaped sterling silver salver on 4 raised feet (inscribed) 25ozs.
227. A similar card tray on raised feet (inscribed) 18ozs.
228. Circular sterling silver salver on 3 raised feet by Walker & Hall (inscribed) 34ozs.
230. 3 piece sterling silver boat shaped tea service, 30ozs.
231. Sterling silver spirit kettle with lamp and stand, 47ozs.
232. Tall sterling silver flower vase, 22ozs.
233. Sterling silver two handled tray, 90ozs
234. 4 piece sterling silver tea service of modern design, 56ozs. including the handles.
235. 1 doz. enamel and 9ct. gold coffee spoons in case.
236. 2 new sterling silver backed hair brushes and a sterling silver mounted comb.
237. Sterling silver backed hair brush, comb and hand mirror.
238. Sterling silver mounted and tortoise shell trinket box and cover.
239. A pair of sterling silver hair brushes inscribed “B”, sterling silver backed hand mirror, clothes brush and comb.
240. Sterling silver and pale green enamel dressing table set, 7 pieces, and a manicure set of 4 pieces on stand to match.
241. Antique filigree sterling silver sugar bowl with crimson glass liner.
242. Sterling silver inkstand (inscribed).
243. Pair shallow frosted glass fruit dishes on Victorian silver stands, inscribed (38ozs. excluding the dishes).
245. Sterling silver rose bowl, 56ozs.
246. Sterling silver dual preserve stand with blue glass liner
246a 2 sterling silver cigarette cases.
246b Sterling silver and enamel square shaped powder compact, a crown piece 1889 and a Canadian dollar piece 1947.
GOLD CIGARETTE LIGHTERS AND CASES.
EXQUISITE DIAMOND AND RUBY JEWELLERY
AND PERSONAL ITEMS
246c Marcasite and sterling silver bracelet and a pearl set gold bar brooch.
246d 9ct. gold cigarette lighter.
246e Gents “Tempo” wristlet watch on expanding bracelet in rolled gold case and a gent’s “Reverso” wristlet watch in “Staybrite” case with centre seconds hand, 15 jewel movement, on a leather strap.
246g 9ct. gold fountain pen, 2 pair of 9ct. gold cuff links, 18ct. gold chain and a 9ct. gold medal.
246h Elgin fob watch in gold plated case, Waltham pocket watch in gold plated case and a “Movado” travelling watch in leather case.
246j Swiss 10ct. gold tie clip and pair of cuff links, initials “G.F.” in case.
246k Sovereign 1882, half-sovereign 1913 and a sovereign 1910.
246l Pocket stop watch, multi-scale planimeter, sterling silver key case with cigar punch, various tie clips, brooches, chains, and cuff links.
246m 9ct. gold cigarette case, inscribed with initials in diamonds.
246n 9ct. gold cigarette case, inscribed.
246p 9ct. gold match box.
246q Vacheron & Constantine Geneve Wristlet watch on 9ct. gold chain bracelet.
246r Movado Calendar watch in 18ct. gold, showing time, day and date.
246s Movado centre seconds wristlet watch on gold trimmed stainless steel lined bracelet.
246t Movado wristlet watch on leather strap.
246u Centre seconds wristlet watch by Sarcar, Geneve, 17 rubies “Automatic Incabloc” on stainless steel bracket.
246v 2 compacts, 2 Ronson pencil lighters, crown piece 1891, various brooches (9ct. gold and others), 15ct. thimble and 2 part wristlet watches.
246w 2 gold pens, fob, continental gilt watch strap and 9ct. gold fob with seal.
246x 22ct. wedding ring, 18ct. gold gent’s ring with pearl and diamond star, another ring and a 9ct. gold ring.
246y Watermans 9ct. gold fountain pen and pencil in case.
247. Silver gilt penknife, pocket travelling watch and a disc watch.
248. “Wyler” fob watch.
249. SWISS UNIVERSAL WRISTLET WATCH ON PEARL AND DIAMOND SET GOLD CHAIN STRAP.
250. AN EXQUISITE DIAMOND BRACELET with six matched half carat centre diamonds each with baguette cross over and multi stone interlacing pattern of double rows of diamonds, in all, 284 stones.
251. MAGNIFICENT PAIR OF DIAMOND CLIPS set in platinum, each with centre stone and crossed double row baguettes below.
252. A PAIR OF DIAMOND EARRINGS WITH TRIPLE STONE BAGUETTE DROPS.
253. DIAMOND CASED WRISTLET WATCH WITH THIRTY STONE BRACELET, each side from half carat graded down to eighth carat.
254. A FABULOUSLY BEAUTIFUL SET OF DIAMOND AND RUBY JEWELLERY, COMPRISING BRACELET, SPRAY, BROOCH AND PAIR OF EARRINGS, the Bracelet with centre square cut diamonds linked by four groups of ten baguettes and divided by two groups each of seventeen rubies; the Brooch of two flower spray design – one flower formed by eight diamonds in centre surrounded by twelve rubies, the other flower formed by twelve rubies in the centre surrounded by thirteen diamonds, the leaves and stalks in baguettes.
255. DIAMOND AND RUBY SPRAY BROOCH.
256. SAPPHIRE, DIAMOND AND RUBY SET BLUEBELL BROOCH.
257. RUBY AND DIAMOND COCKTAIL RING.
258. A DIAMOND BROOCH SET IN PLATINUM.
259. LARGE SQUARE CUT DIAMOND RING, flanked by two cylindrical shaped diamond studded arms supported by raised baguette studded shoulders, the platinum ring studded with baguettes.
260. LADIES GOLD “Omega” WRISTLET WATCH in 18ct. GOLD WRAP OVER CASE AND ON 18ct. GOLD STRAP.
261. DIAMOND CLIP SET IN PLATINUM.
262. A SUPERB HEART-SHAPED SINGLE STONE DIAMOND RING, THE STONE IN EXCESS OF 5cts., SET IN PLATINUM AND WITH RUBY SET SHOULDERS.
263. PLATINUM ETERNITY RING SET WITH EIGHTEEN MATCHED DIAMONDS, EACH OF APPROX. A QUARTER CARAT.
264. A BEAUTIFUL DIAMOND STAR BROOCH SET IN PLATINUM.
265. Platinum wedding ring.
266. “SHALET” DIAMOND AND RUBY SET WRISTLET WATCH ON GOLD LINK BRACELET.
267. RUBY, EMERALD AND DIAMOND ROSE AND BUTTERFLY BROOCH AND A PAIR OF RUBY EMERALD AND DIAMOND BUTTERFLY EARRINGS TO MATCH IN GOLD AND PLATINUM.
268. A GOLD AND PLATINUM FOB WATCH SET WITH DIAMONDS AND RUBIES.
270. 2 plated spirit flasks.
271. Pair of Kershaw opera glasses in case.
272. Pair of Japanese opera glasses in case.
273. “Telita” opera glasses in case with Zeiss lenses.
274. Plated cigarette case, 9 various cigarette lighters, 2 costume jewellery necklets and 2 clips.
FURTHER ITEMS OF PLATE AND STERLING SILVER
275. Plated circular casserole dish.
276. Oval plated tea caddy “Princess Plate” by Mappin & Webb
277. E.P.N.S. circular soup tureen and cover.
278. Canteen of Elkington plated cutlery in light oak, 52 pieces
279. One dozen pairs of E.P.N.S. fruit eaters in case.
280. Half a dozen Shelley gilt edged china coffee cups and saucers, the cups in sterling silver filigree holders by Walker and Hall, in case.
281. CANTEEN OF STERLING SILVER CUTLERY IN WALNUT, 60 pieces.
282. Six cut grape fruit glasses and six sterling silver spoons, in case.
283. Half a dozen pairs of Elkington fruit knives and forks in case.
284. Sterling silver cigar casket inscribed.
285. Sterling silver cigar casket inscribed.
286. Embossed sterling silver cigar casket, inscribed.
287. Large domed top sterling silver cigar cabinet, inscribed.
288. Deed box and steel (Alarm) jewellery box.
289. 29 pieces various cutlery, 2 cigarette lighters and a tea strainer.
290. 16 dessert forks, 20 dessert
290a Pair of horned handled carvers, plated soup ladle, pair of plated fish servers, 3 plated fruit servers and 2 plated soup spoons.
290b Pair of plated glass salad servers, 6 various glass servers, pair ivorine salad servers, decanter stopper, whiskey measure, pair plated serviette rings, pair cut glass serviette rings, 5 plated dinner forks, 3 plated dessert forks, 3 pairs of plated fish eaters, 3 dessert spoons, 3 table spoons, shredding spoon, shove half-penny discs, sterling silver sugar sifting spoon, 2 tinted circular mirror table mats and various plastic and wood table mats.
CIGAR AND MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS IN CIGAR CUPBOARD
291. 26 La Tropical De Luxe cigars in tubes.
292. 10 Punch Habanas and 5 Macanudo Jamaican cigars.
293. 43 Habana cigars and 2 similar.
294. A casket of 50 Lana Petit Coronations De Luxe.
295. A casket of 100 Punch Habana cigars.
296. A similar casket.
297. A similar casket.
298. A similar casket.
299. 2 crocodile cigar cases, leather cigar case, leather cigarette case, Dunhill lighter and Ronson lighter.
300. 8 various pipes, pipe cleaners, tobacco pouch, filter tips, 3 cigarette making machines and various packets of Dunhill cigarette holder filters.
301. 30 various round and oval table mats.
302. 9 “Old London Views” table mats.
CAMERA AND EXPOSURE METERS
304. VOIGTLANDER VITOMATIC 11 IN EVEREADY LEATHER SLING CASE (NEW).
305. WESTERN MASTER 111 EXPOSURE METER IN LEATHER CASE (AS NEW).
306. WESTERN MASTER 111 EXPOSURE METER (AMERICAN) IN LEATHER CASE (AS NEW).
307. A SIMILAR ELECTRO BEWI (GERMAN MADE) IN LEATHER CASE.
308. Gent’s leather grip.
309. Gent’s leather brief case.
LOT Nos. 310 to 319 in the estate of BERYL FORMBY, deceased.
RANCH AND NATURAL MINK AND OTHER FINE FURS
310. FULL LENGTH RANCH MINK COAT.
311. RANCH MINK JACKET.
312. RANCH MINK STOLE.
313. NATURAL PASTEL MINK STOLE.
314. DYED RUSSIAN ERMINE JACKET.
315. OCELOT JACKET.
316. BLACK PERSIAN LAMB JACKET.
317. SIX SKIN RANCH MINK TIE.
318. WHITE RUSSIAN ERMINE CLOAK TRIMMED WITH WHITE FOX.
319. PLATINA FOX CAPE STOLE.
END OF FIRST DAY’S SALE
TUESDAY, 20th JUNE 1961.
20th JUNE 1961.